26 June 2008

Two Weeks

I am one-fifth through my time here in DC. When you fractionalize it like that, time seems much smaller than it is. I'm more homesick than I planned (because, of course, you can plan for these things), but at the same time, I'm embracing life here. Living in a new city, I've sort of adopted a new lifestyle. I'm a notorious homebody, but I've yet to turn down an invitation to go out here (not like there have been many...), and I'm making a concerted attempt to get in shape, girl.

Thus far, at the two-week mark I've...
- Visited the zoo and the Hirshhorn
- Made new friends and reconnected with old, old, old ones
- Attended two Senate markup meetings (Specter, Leahy, Byrd, Inouye, Feinstein... but no Durbin. Boo.)
- Watched (and waited, impatiently) Dick Cheney's motorcade roll by
- Met the president of a cultural NGO from Mexico
- Not quite mastered the Metro, but getting there
- Been to Virginia three times, Maryland once
- Learned that a travel tube of toothpaste lasts at least two weeks

Certainly much more will be added to that list this weekend, because I have my first visitors!!

No comments: